Thursday, September 8, 2016

Social Media For Better or For Worse



For my project, I would like to do an analysis of social media forums such as Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. I will analyze both the positive and negative effects on society and provide a minimum of five effects each. I want to start by looking at the trajectory of these applications from the time they started until the present. I will evaluate the number of users and activity for each forum. Then, I will begin the research by searching for scholarly articles on this topic. I will pick the articles that focus on how these media forums have either had positive or negative effects on the individual as well as society. I want to find, if any, the positive effects that social media forums can have on humans. Of course, there are negative implications and those will probably be easiest to find and evaluate, but I really want to focus on the positive impacts on society because I believe there are as well. I will hone in on specific impacts such as behavioral, psychological and social implications. The goal of my research and analysis is to see whether social media forums are more beneficial or harmful to society.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,

    I think this is a great topic for your project. Social media platforms have huge consequences, both positive and negative, in our lives. I believe the negative effects are concentrated on far too often when people evaluate social media's impact, so I hope you shed more light on all the good it does.

    ReplyDelete